The Importance of Digital Marketing
Gone are the days of using only traditional marketing to promote businesses. The arrival of digital marketing has enabled businesses and enterprises to generate more sales. At this rate, conventional ways will slowly become history. It is time to understand the importance of Digital Marketing.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing refers to the use of digital technologies to promote goods or services online. Such digital technologies include smartphones, laptops/desktop computers, and tablets. The usage of digital marketing began in the ’90s and 2000s; which has made sales easier and profits higher for businesses.
Digital marketing method includes SEO (search engine optimization), SEM (search engine marketing), social media marketing, e-mail marketing, e-commerce marketing, content marketing, and display advertising etc.
Digital Lime Green claims that small and established businesses in South Africa need better penetration into the digital market. Hence, they really should understand the importance of Digital Marketing sooner than never. This will not only benefit your company but the overall economy of South Africa.
The Importance of Digital Marketing can be summed up with the following points:
- Digital marketing helps in creating a common ground for all kinds of businesses. It gives infant and grown businesses an equal opportunity in the digital world. With equal footing, small and medium companies gain a fair chance to have competition with giant organisations.
- Very cost-effective and less costly than traditional marketing practices. Infant enterprises with little to no money could use social media’s digital marketing options to promote their business. Forty percent of the business entities enjoy substantial saving through digital marketing to publicise their products and services.
- Aids to yield more revenues. Massive revenues are generated with the use of digital marketing. It aids businesses to obtain higher profits.
- Helps in establishing and promoting a brand. Digital marketing helps in boosting a business’s brand reputation. It helps showcase your products or services to interested people who tend to love your brand and what it stands for.
- Helps you to obtain clients/customers trust. After building your business brand name, trust comes into view. Online customers have confidence in brands they are comfortable with and know a lot about and have used its services or products. This tends to increase business sales.
Role of Smartphones in Digital Marketing
The rise of mobile phones commenced with a portable device (telephone) that is used to make and receive calls. This was known as either a hand-phone or a cellphone. The advent of mobile phones was rampant for several decades until the introduction of smartphones. It enabled us to do much more than just make or receive calls. It allowed us to communicate with millions of people around the globe just by tapping few keys on the smartphone. Or how about transacting businesses with unknown people? With a smartphone, our horizons expanded, and with that, innovative digital marketing practices stepped in.
The importance of smartphones for businesses in South Africa:
- To connect with customers/clients: The smartphone helps businesses or organisations network and interact with customers and clients as quickly as possible.
- Provides access to social media: Using smartphones to access social media for business purposes helps to drive traffic to businesses and companies.
- The use of search engines: When in need of quick information anytime, a smartphone allows you to use their pre-built search engines. There are a variety of search engines available on the smartphone platform. This helps in providing the necessary information for companies as quickly as possible and gives access to uncountable loads of information at the same time.
- Presentation made easier: Slideshows for business or organization projects is achievable with the use of a smartphone. Either by transferring files from a laptop to the phone or to draft a quick presentation with the use of the mobile phone.
- Keeping records of important details: Smartphones are able to archive important files in a safe place for future use. It’s kept safe and intact.
The growth of smartphones in South Africa gives hope that the little part of the population not using a multimedia phone will come on board. This graph by Statista shows the growth of smartphones in the South African market:
We’re here to help you with marketing your business in South Africa!
Whatever you choose to do, you’re going to need a good website and a good strategy in marketing your business in South Africa
Digital Lime Green is well-equipped to provide you with all the necessary solutions to assist you with your marketing needs. Check out our service page to understand how we work.
Get a personalised strategy for your online business and marketing and achieve your goals and objectives effectively. Connect with us for more information!